March 02, 2021
It can be a frantic morning for husbands, kids and pets trying to get breakfast in bed ready for the most important mother in the land.
Here is a simple dish that will impress all the family. Most of the preparation can be done the day before so all you need to do is heat the oven, mix the eggs & let it cook.
While it’s cooking, make a few simple yogurt parfaits as a starter for breakfast. Place two tablespoons of natural yogurt into four glasses. Place some strawberries, blueberries & raspberries on top of each of the yogurts and then sprinkle some granola on top!
Recipe for the Potato, Goats Cheese & Spinach Frittata.
It’s a simple and delicious start to this special morning or any morning for that matter!
- 4 medium potatoes (about 600g/1lb 5oz), thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 100g pack soft rindless goat's cheese, sliced
- 200 grams of washed baby spinach
- Boil the potatoes in salted water for 5 mins until just tender. This can be done the night before to save some time. Meanwhile, heat the oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Mix the garlic, onion and eggs together with some seasoning, then drain the potatoes and stir into the egg.
- Heat the oil in an ovenproof frying pan, then tip in the egg and potato mixture. Cook over a low heat for 5 mins or until two-thirds of the frittata is set, then cook in the oven for 10-15 mins until cooked through.
- Arrange the goat’s cheese around the edge of the frittata and drizzle with some more olive oil. Top with some spinach, basil & shaved red onion, if you so wish!
Reward your Super Mum - view our full range of Mother's Day Gift Vouchers.Back to Blog
Dine & Stay (2 Nights')
Family Escapes (2 & 4 Nights)
Couples Perfect Getaway (2 Nights)
Best Friends Getaway (2 Nights)
Spirit One Spa Escape (2 Nights)
3 reasons to stay with us
Free cancellation 24 hours prior to arrival
3 Minutes from Eyre Square & 1 minute from Galway Bus Station
Perfect for your Staycation needs