Featured - slides
June 29, 2021
- After your delicious breakfast in Marinas Restaurant, grab a takeaway coffee as it’s time to walk to Salthill. The most scenic route from the Claddagh Quay is via Nimmo’s Pier, South Park and Grattan Beach. A leisurely walk to Salthill will take around 40 to 50 minutes.
- If you prefer to drive, it will take less than 10 minutes depending on traffic and there is plenty of parking available.
- There are many places to stop for a sweet treat along the way – The Creamery, Gourmet Tart Company or Gourmet Food Parlour.
- Have your camera phone ready as you will want to take photos of the Salthill Beach, The Wild Atlantic Way discovery point and the iconic Blackrock diving tower. The hills of County Clare are visible across the Bay on a clear day and benches are provided along the seafront.
- Salthill’s main attraction is its promenade and numerous sandy beaches. The promenade covers approximately 3km of coastline, overlooking Galway Bay. This is an ideal area for jogging, rollerblading or strolling.
- Kicking the wall is a long-standing tradition as part of a walk along the prom, so make sure you catch up with the locals.
- During the summer visit the funfair on the main promenade and take a spin on the Skyview giant wheel or the Waltzers or Dodgems, the choice is yours.
- Visit Mortons of Galway which is a family run grocery shop, specialising in fresh foods, wines, delicatessen and artisan produced foods.
- The Lighthouse Gift shop is situated just off the Galway Atlantaquarium with a sea life theme running through the shop from sea life toys big and small to a selection of educational books on both local wildlife and sea life.
- There is a wonderful choice of food establishments, ice-cream parlours, teas and coffees shops all around Salthill, you won’t go hungry!
3 reasons to stay with us
Free cancellation 24 hours prior to arrival
3 Minutes from Eyre Square & 1 minute from Galway Bus Station
Perfect for your Staycation needs
Overnight stay including breakfast & dinner
Dine & Stay (2 Nights')
2 Nights accommodation with dinner on one evening
Family Escapes (2 & 4 Nights)
Includes breakfast each morning, dinner & access to swimming pool
Couples Perfect Getaway (2 Nights)
Two night stay with dinner & Prosecco on one evening
Best Friends Getaway (2 Nights)
Includes dinner, cocktails & access to leisure centre
Keep Discovering Galway - includes breakfast & full access to the leisure centre
Spirit One Spa Escape (2 Nights)
Includes dinner on one evening & a spa treatment