PEARSE COTTAGE VISITOR CENTRE
A new visitor centre in Ros Muc in the heart of the Connemara Gaeltacht that tells the story of Patrick Pearse, and brings visitors on a journey of discovery through the language, culture and landscape of this stunning part of south Connemara.
• Visit Teach an Phiarsaigh, the cottage where Patrick Pearse, writer, educator and leader of the 1916 Rising, spent his summers.
• Explore Pearse’s historical and cultural legacy.
• Interactive exhibition in the new visitor centre brings to life the unique landscape, language and culture of southern Connemara that inspired Pearse’s work.
• Scenic looped walk through the Connemara bog from the visitor centre to Pearse’s cottage.
• Learn about contemporary life in Connemara, and how the Irish language, Gaelic sports and traditional music are part of everyday life.
Address: An Gort Mhór, Rosmuck, Co. Galway.