MY PERFECT MORNING IN SALTHILL OR BÓTHAR NA TRÁ, THE WONDERFUL GALWAY SEASIDE VILLAGE.
- After your delicious breakfast in Marinas Restaurant, grab a takeaway coffee as it’s time to walk to Salthill. The most scenic route from the Claddagh Quay is via Nimmo’s Pier, South Park and Grattan Beach.A leisurely walk to Salthill will take around 40 to 50 minutes.
- If you prefer to drive, it will take less than 10 minutes depending on traffic and there is plenty of parking available.
- There are many places to stop for a sweet treat along the way – The Creamery, Gourmet Tart Company or Gourmet Food Parlour
MY PERFECT CRUISE ON THE RIVER CORRIB - ENJOY THE MAJESTIC LOUGH CORRIB ABOARD THE FABULOUS CORRIB PRINCESS
- Order a coffee from Jungle Café on Forster Street and take a stroll to Steamers Quay, just a short 10 minute stroll from The Galmont. Pick your departure time of 12.30pm, 2.30pm or 4.30pm Wednesdays to Sundays. Advance booking is advised.
- The Corrib Princess offers a fantastic cruise on an all-weather boat, departing from Steamers Quay in the city centre.
- The journey gives passengers spectacular views of the River Corrib and proceeds onto Lough Corrib.
MY PERFECT GALWAYCATION - AN OVERNIGHT AT THE GALMONT HOTEL & SPA
Stay one night…or as long as you like.
Perfect for couples & friends breaks.
- Arrive early afternoon and leave your bags with the team at the hotel reception.
- The new lunch menu in Coopers Bar & Lounge is delicious and can also be enjoyed on the terrace overlooking Lough Atalia – coffees and cocktails are also on the menu!
- Galway has an abundance of outdoor activities to while away a couple of hours – Rusheen Bay Windsurfing is located 6km from the hotel and offers stand up paddle boarding, windsurfing and kayaking lessons and rentals.
MY PERFECT FAMILY DAY – A VISIT TO THE ARAN ISLANDS
Aran Island Ferries are launching a brand new route from Galway city centre to the largest of the Aran Islands, Inis Mór, this summer.
But final details of this exciting route, including a surprise addition to the return leg of the journey which takes in one of Ireland's most celebrated attractions, hasn't been revealed yet!Read More
MY PERFECT FAMILY ACTIVITY ADVENTURE – A VISIT TO WILDLANDS
- Get up early and enjoy The Galmont Breakfast which offers a range of cooked options, finest meats and cheese, fruit juices and fresh fruits all accompanied by home-made pastries and Irish breads.
- Drive 12KM or 20 minutes to Moycullen and as you arrive at the village – turn right into Wildlands
- You will pass National University of Ireland and Galway Cathedral on your way.
- Discover activities with a myriad of indoor and outdoor activities, there is entertainment whatever the weather. Wildlands is a place for all ages, for thrill seekers and for those in per pursuit of serenity.
MY PERFECT FAMILY DRIVE – A VISIT TO THE CLIFFS OF MOHER
- A special day out in rugged West Clare coast, 75KM from Galway City.
- Enjoy a picnic and sit on your blanket and take in the spectacular views over the Atlantic Ocean and the Aran Islands.
- The Cliffs of Moher is one of Ireland’s favourite visitor experiences, walk the safe, paved pathways and view the famous Cliffs. Count the steps to the visitors centre and enjoy an ice-cream.
MY PERFECT FAMILY DAY IN KYLEMORE ABBEY & VICTORIAN WALLED GARDENS
- A unique day out in the heart of Connemara, 80KM from Galway City
- Take the N59 for Clifden, and drive to Oughterard and Maam Cross until you pass through Recess. Turn Right signposted Letterfrack and travel through Innagh Valley, the most incredible scenery you can wish for on your staycation.
MY PERFECT FAMILY AFTERNOON - COOLE PARK NATURE RESERVE
- For a great lunch before you go to Coole Park Nature Reserve, Coopers Bar & Lounge is a little gem - casual, relaxed and delicious.
- Pack the car with your scooters or bikes for the children and travel 30KM to Coole Park Nature Reserve located in South County Galway just 4km north-west of the town of Gort.
- There are two waymarked trails at Coole Park Nature Reserve. Maps are located onsite beside the two car parks or can be downloaded from their website.
MY PERFECT FAMILY DAY IN GALWAY CITY CENTRE
- Enjoy a family breakfast in Marinas Restaurant
- Relax on the Hotels terrace and enjoy the views over Lough Atalia and plan the day ahead.
- You don’t need your car today. Walk to the city centre passing Eyre Square and get your photograph taken with the Pádraic Ó Conaire statue.
- Stroll through the street and enjoy the vibrant street theatre and entertainment.
ST PATRICK'S DAY LUNCH BY EXECUTIVE HEAD CHEF ADRIAN BANE
As spring rears its hopeful timid head into the cold blast of artic air that is still felt around the country, it is also a time of growth. Daffodils, snow drops and wild garlic can be seen on the sides of country roads. When the sun does come out, there is a sense of good weather is just around the corner. After the last twelve months, we all know that fine weather can lift our spirits just as much as a nice meal or a glass of crisp white wine.
That said, our next celebration is St Patrick's Day next week, planning a delicious meal at home is most enjoyable with a favourite food or drink recipe. Throughout the world people will be tucking into Soda Bread, Bacon & Cabbage, Irish Stew and if you are stateside it would be Corned Beef & Cabbage. Here at home, we are as likely to have a fish supper as we are to have a meat based dish.Read More
MOTHER’S DAY BREAKFAST - RECIPE FOR POTATO, GOATS CHEESE & SPINACH FRITTATA
It can be a frantic morning for husbands, kids and pets trying to get breakfast in bed ready for the most important mother in the land.
Here is a simple dish that will impress all the family. Most of the preparation can be done the day before so all you need to do is heat the oven, mix the eggs & let it cook.
While it’s cooking, make a few simple yogurt parfaits as a starter for breakfast. Place two tablespoons of natural yogurt into four glasses. Place some strawberries, blueberries & raspberries on top of each of the yogurts and then sprinkle some granola on top!Read More
REWARD YOUR SUPER MUM
The best gift you can give your Mother is time spent together and while this is not possible at the moment, a Mother’s Day gift voucher from the Galmont Hotel or Spirit One Spa will be sure to excite.Read More
EXECUTIVE CHEF ADRIAN BANE SHARES HIS PANCAKE RECIPE
Our favourite Tuesday of the year has arrived!
While we wish we could dish you up some pancakes in the hotel, instead our Executive Head Chef Adrian Bane has shared his simple recipe for you to make them at home.Read More
MAKE IT A VALENTINES TO REMEMBER AT HOME THIS YEAR
In this year like no other, couples around the world will be celebrating Valentine's Day at home this year. To make it extra special, our Executive Head Chef has shared his recipe for these delicious chocolate fondants.
If you recreate these at home, we would love to see photos of your creations!
The following recipe makes 6 fondants.Read More
Keep Discovering Autumn
Dine & Stay (2 Nights')
Best Friends Getaway (2 Nights)
Couples Perfect Getaway (2 Nights)
3 Night Stay on the Wild Atlantic Way
Autumn Family Escapes (2 & 4 Nights)
Spirit One Spa Escape (2 Nights)
Spa & Dine (3 nights)
Christmas Festive 2 Night Break
Christmas Festive 3 Night Break
2 Nights New Year's Eve Celebration
3 reasons to stay with us
Free cancellation 24 hours prior to arrival
3 Minutes from Eyre Square & 1 minute from Galway Bus Station
Perfect for your Staycation needs