• On your first night, have dinner in Marinas Restaurant and drinks in Coopers Bar with a fabulous wine selection and cocktail list to choose from.
• The following morning have a well-deserved lie in and order breakfast in bed.
• After Breakfast read the newspapers on the Hotels Terrace and soak up the views of Lough Atalia.
• Stroll downtown to the city centre and discover the independent run shops like The Treasure Chest, Anthony Ryans, Vandas Art Gallery, Geraghty’s Menswear, Hanley’s Menswear, Claddagh Jewellers and Fallers Jewellers.
- Arrive to Galway before lunch and hotel reception will take your bags and tag them until your room is ready later in the afternoon. Connect with everyone on the Hotels outdoor terrace and take in the views over Lough Atalia.
- For a great lunch before you go downtown or to your prebooked spa treatment at spirit one spa, Coopers Bar & Lounge is a little gem - casual, relaxed and delicious.
- The city centre is less than 5 minutes’ walk and take the shortcut passing the Train & Bus Station, walk through Eyre Square and you will see the shopping streets ahead.
April 01, 2021
Aran Island Ferries are launching a brand new route from Galway city centre to the largest of the Aran Islands, Inis Mór, this summer.
But final details of this exciting route, including a surprise addition to the return leg of the journey which takes in one of Ireland's most celebrated attractions, hasn't been revealed yet!
April 01, 2021
- Get up early and enjoy The Galmont Breakfast which offers a range of cooked options, finest meats and cheese, fruit juices and fresh fruits all accompanied by home-made pastries and Irish breads.
- Drive 12KM or 20 minutes to Moycullen and as you arrive at the village – turn right into Wildlands
- You will pass National University of Ireland and Galway Cathedral on your way.
- Discover activities with a myriad of indoor and outdoor activities, there is entertainment whatever the weather. Wildlands is a place for all ages, for thrill seekers and for those in per pursuit of serenity.
April 01, 2021
- A special day out in rugged West Clare coast, 75KM from Galway City.
- Enjoy a picnic and sit on your blanket and take in the spectacular views over the Atlantic Ocean and the Aran Islands.
- The Cliffs of Moher is one of Ireland’s favourite visitor experiences, walk the safe, paved pathways and view the famous Cliffs. Count the steps to the visitors centre and enjoy an ice-cream.
- A unique day out in the heart of Connemara, 80KM from Galway City
- Take the N59 for Clifden, and drive to Oughterard and Maam Cross until you pass through Recess. Turn Right signposted Letterfrack and travel through Innagh Valley, the most incredible scenery you can wish for on your staycation.
April 01, 2021
- For a great lunch before you go to Coole Park Nature Reserve, Coopers Bar & Lounge is a little gem - casual, relaxed and delicious.
- Pack the car with your scooters or bikes for the children and travel 30KM to Coole Park Nature Reserve located in South County Galway just 4km north-west of the town of Gort.
- There are two waymarked trails at Coole Park Nature Reserve. Maps are located onsite beside the two car parks or can be downloaded from their website.
April 01, 2021
- Enjoy a family breakfast in Marinas Restaurant
- Relax on the Hotels terrace and enjoy the views over Lough Atalia and plan the day ahead.
- You don’t need your car today. Walk to the city centre passing Eyre Square and get your photograph taken with the Pádraic Ó Conaire statue.
- Stroll through the street and enjoy the vibrant street theatre and entertainment.
March 08, 2021
As spring rears its hopeful timid head into the cold blast of artic air that is still felt around the country, it is also a time of growth. Daffodils, snow drops and wild garlic can be seen on the sides of country roads. When the sun does come out, there is a sense of good weather is just around the corner. After the last twelve months, we all know that fine weather can lift our spirits just as much as a nice meal or a glass of crisp white wine.
That said, our next celebration is St Patrick's Day next week, planning a delicious meal at home is most enjoyable with a favourite food or drink recipe. Throughout the world people will be tucking into Soda Bread, Bacon & Cabbage, Irish Stew and if you are stateside it would be Corned Beef & Cabbage. Here at home, we are as likely to have a fish supper as we are to have a meat based dish.
It can be a frantic morning for husbands, kids and pets trying to get breakfast in bed ready for the most important mother in the land.
Here is a simple dish that will impress all the family. Most of the preparation can be done the day before so all you need to do is heat the oven, mix the eggs & let it cook.
While it’s cooking, make a few simple yogurt parfaits as a starter for breakfast. Place two tablespoons of natural yogurt into four glasses. Place some strawberries, blueberries & raspberries on top of each of the yogurts and then sprinkle some granola on top!
February 22, 2021
The best gift you can give your Mother is time spent together and while this is not possible at the moment, a Mother’s Day gift voucher from the Galmont Hotel or Spirit One Spa will be sure to excite.
February 16, 2021
Our favourite Tuesday of the year has arrived!
While we wish we could dish you up some pancakes in the hotel, instead our Executive Head Chef Adrian Bane has shared his simple recipe for you to make them at home.
February 01, 2021
In this year like no other, couples around the world will be celebrating Valentine's Day at home this year. To make it extra special, our Executive Head Chef has shared his recipe for these delicious chocolate fondants.
If you recreate these at home, we would love to see photos of your creations!
The following recipe makes 6 fondants.