Featured - slides
June 28, 2021
- Order a coffee from Jungle Café on Forster Street and take a stroll to Steamers Quay, just a short 10 minute stroll from The Galmont. Pick your departure time of 12.30pm, 2.30pm or 4.30pm. Advance booking is advised.
- The Corrib Princess offers a fantastic cruise on an all-weather boat, departing from Steamers Quay in the city centre. The journey gives passengers spectacular views of the River Corrib and proceeds onto Lough Corrib.
- The Corrib Princess takes you past castles and places of historical interest, showing you a view of Galway you just cannot experience on foot.
- Departing from Steamers Quay with views of Galway Cathedral, the Salmon Weir, the Eglinton Canal and the iconic pillars of the Galway to Clifden Railway Line. • The Corrib Princess sails past the campus of Galway’s University, Terryland Castle or “Old Castle”, Menlo Castle and Menlo Village.
- On route you will see spectacular Wildlife, Lough Corrib is a Special Area of Conservation, bird sanctuary and Unesco Wetland of International Importance. It is home to Herons, Coots, Cormorants and many Swan Families can be seen along the trip as well as the chance to see a jumping wild salmon.
- The Corrib Princess then sails onto the beautiful Lough Corrib and is the largest lake in Ireland, calm and crystal clear waters and the Connemara mountains are visible to the West.
- On the boat, you can savour the Best Irish Coffee in Ireland, a selection of wines, spirits and local craft beers from the bar as you sail back towards Galway City.
- After your 90-minute cruise, if you are feeling peckish, visit The Corrib House Tea Rooms located on the edge of the Salmon Weir.
- On route back to The Galmont, if shopping is your style, Brown Thomas is on the corner of Eglington Street!
- After a day in The City and on The River, enjoy time in the Out Door Hot Tub and savour the views of Lough Atalia followed by a night cap on the Hotel Terrace and see the sun go down on Galway Bay.
3 reasons to stay with us
Free cancellation 24 hours prior to arrival
3 Minutes from Eyre Square & 1 minute from Galway Bus Station
Perfect for your Staycation needs