Featured - slides
June 25, 2021
Stay one night…or as long as you like.
Perfect for couples & friends breaks.
- Arrive early afternoon and leave your bags with the team at the hotel reception.
- The new lunch menu in Coopers Bar & Lounge is delicious and can also be enjoyed on the terrace overlooking Lough Atalia – coffees and cocktails are also on the menu!
- Galway has an abundance of outdoor activities to while away a couple of hours – Rusheen Bay Windsurfing is located 6km from the hotel and offers stand up paddle boarding, windsurfing and kayaking lessons and rentals.
- The Corrib Princess is a 90-minute luxury boat cruise where you can enjoy the beautiful scenery of the River Corrib and Lough Corrib (Departs from city centre location, 10 – 15min walk from the hotel)
- If shopping is more your style, there is a wide variety of high-end shops and independent boutiques worth visiting.
- Soak up the atmosphere of “Brilliantly Bohemian” Galway. The buzzing streets of the Latin Quarter, Shop Street, and Quay Street are all characterised by buskers, street performers, unique shops, cafés, and bars.
- Grab a coffee in one of the many independent cafés - Coffeewerk & Press serve a mix of roasters and has a gallery upstairs. McCambridge’s has been trading in Shop Street, for almost 100 years and Little Lane Coffee Company is just one years old.
- Do like the locals and get a takeout and eat it by the famous Spanish Arch – watch out for the seagulls! Galway is full of amazing independent restaurants and most offer takeaways – Dough Bros Pizza (just this week was voted the 27th best pizza in Europe!), The Gourmet Offensive, Temple Café, Universal, Tartare, BóTown, Handsome Burger or one of the many food stalls at the weekend Galway Market – to name a few.
- Afterwards, take a “stroll on the old Long Walk”, full of colourful houses and boats and cross over Wolf Tone Bridge into the Claddagh and Galway’s West End. Sample a local craft beer from Galway Bay Brewery or Galway Hooker Brewery in one of the trendy bars in “The Wesht” (The Salt House, Bierhaus, Taylor’s, Massimo, Blue Note)
- Now it is time for you to make your way back to The Galmont and get ready for Galway by night!
- Start your evening with dinner in Marinas Restaurant and choose from a selection of steaks, burgers, salads, fish, and pasta dishes, paired with wines from our wine tower.
- Afterwards, enjoy a cocktail or two in Coopers Bar & Lounge or on the outdoor heated terrace.
- The next morning, start your day with breakfast in Marinas Restaurant.
- Choose from cooked meats, pastries, fresh fruit, cured meats, cheese and more. Or have it delivered to your room!
- The morning after is the perfect time to visit the leisure centre with swimming pool, sauna, jacuzzi and outdoor hot tub – leaving you Energized for your journey home.
3 reasons to stay with us
Free cancellation 24 hours prior to arrival
3 Minutes from Eyre Square & 1 minute from Galway Bus Station
Perfect for your Staycation needs
Prepay & Save - 15%
Plan ahead and enjoy excellent room rates at The Galmont.
Stay Longer & Save
Stay 2 Nights & Save 12%, Stay 3 nights or more & Save 17%
Dine & Stay (2 Nights')
2 Nights accommodation with dinner on one evening