Featured - slides
April 01, 2021
- Enjoy a family breakfast in Marinas Restaurant
- Relax on the Hotels terrace and enjoy the views over Lough Atalia and plan the day ahead.
- You don’t need your car today. Walk to the city centre passing Eyre Square and get your photograph taken with the Pádraic Ó Conaire statue.
- Stroll through the street and enjoy the vibrant street theatre and entertainment.
- Visit Galway City Museum. Galway City Museum is a designated repository for objects of cultural heritage related to the city of Galway and its people.
- At the Thomas Dillon’s Claddagh store on Quay street, within their small Claddagh ring museum, you can witness the world’s smallest claddagh ring ever made!
- Call into Hazel Mountain Galway Chocolate Shop and Coffee Bar on Middle Street, where there is an onsite chocolatier who produces truffles all day.
- For a short stroll around Galway City, walk the path between the canal and the River Corrib. Start by going through the stone arch and over the foot bridge between the Salmon Weir Bridge and Born (Newtownsmith). Enjoy the views of the Corrib racing along to your right and the calm canal to your left. In warmer weather, ducks and swans will keep you company. Make your way down and across Mill Street Bridge to finish the walk at the Wolfe Tone bridge near the Spanish arch.
- Stop for lunch at McDonaghs Fish & Chips who have been serving the freshest fish to the people of Galway for four generations.
- Galway Tourist Train is a great way to see Galway city and Salthill. It is a 45 minute guided Tour that takes you up through Medieval Galway, through the Latin Quater past St Nicholas Church, The Market, Lynchs Window, up through the historic Eyre Square, by the Dock Lands, Salthill Seaside Village where you can Hop on and off, in by the Famine Memorial, Mutton island, the Swamp, Claddagh Village, over Wolf Tone Bridge, past the Poachers Tower and back to the Spanish Arch next to the Galway Museum.
- National University Galway is the biggest and oldest university in the West of Ireland and have been inspiring minds since 1845. There is an University Trail which is free and open to the public.
- The Cathedral of Our Lady Assumed into Heaven and St Nicholas, commonly known as Galway Cathedral, is a Roman Catholic cathedral in Galway, and one of the largest and most impressive buildings in the city. Construction began in 1958 on the site of the old city prison.
- Claddagh is an area close to the centre of Galway city, where the River Corrib meets Galway Bay. It was formerly a fishing village, just outside the old city walls. Katie’s Claddagh Cottage is a restored thatched cottage that depicts traditional life in one of Ireland’s oldest fishing villages.
- Did you know that The River Corrib is among the shortest in Europe, with only a length of six kilometres from the lough to the Atlantic.
- Check out the times for the Corrib Princess Cruises for River and lake boat tours. The Corrib Princess is a luxury cruise boat departing from Galway City Centre on the Wild Atlantic Way.
- Call in to the Food Hall in McCambridge’s, consists of a full grocery range, a large sandwich bar, a self serve salad bar and olive bar, a deli counter stocking the best of cold meats and cheese, a well stocked boutique wine and spirits section and a full coffee bar.
- Shop at Ireland's biggest range of kids toys, Smyths Toys, you might need to go back for the car!
- The older children will spend their holiday money in the Eyre Square Shopping Centre where they will find their favourite shops.
- Return to the hotel and the family can enjoy the 4,500 square foot gym and the leisure area with an 18-metre swimming pool, a children’s pool, jacuzzi, sauna and an outdoor hot tub.
Overnight stay including breakfast & dinner
Keep Discovering Autumn
Bed & Breakfast plus full use of the leisure centre
Dine & Stay (2 Nights')
2 Nights accommodation with dinner on one evening
Best Friends Getaway (2 Nights)
Includes dinner, cocktails & access to leisure centre
Couples Perfect Getaway (2 Nights)
Two night stay with dinner & Prosecco on one evening
3 Night Stay on the Wild Atlantic Way
Breakfast each morning & dinner on two evenings
Autumn Family Escapes (2 & 4 Nights)
Includes breakfast each morning, dinner & access to swimming pool
Spirit One Spa Escape (2 Nights)
Includes dinner on one evening & a spa treatment
Spa & Dine (3 nights)
Includes dinner on one evening & a spa treatment
Christmas Festive 2 Night Break
Enjoy a traditional Christmas with all the trimmings. Available 24-27th December
Christmas Festive 3 Night Break
Make this festive season truly magical. Available 24-27th December
2 Nights New Year's Eve Celebration
Available for checkin 30th or 31st December
3 reasons to stay with us
Free cancellation 24 hours prior to arrival
3 Minutes from Eyre Square & 1 minute from Galway Bus Station
Perfect for your Staycation needs