The Galmont's Statement on Coronavirus (Covid-19)
The Covid 19 Safety Charter by Fáilte Ireland confirms that we have completed Fáilte Ireland’s Infection Prevention Control for Tourism Businesses course.
We are pleased to let you know that The Galmont complies with all Government Guidelines and adapt to each update of restrictions to provide a safe and comfortable guest experience for you. We want to reassure you that we are closely following the guidance and procedures of the World Health Organisation and the Irish Health Services Executive (HSE) regarding the Coronavirus, to support the health, safety and wellbeing of our Guests, our Staff, and our Community.
We take standards for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously and are proactively implementing additional hygiene procedures and precautions to ensure that the highest possible standards are upheld throughout every area and service which the hotel provides, for you our guests, as well as our own team.
This includes hand sanitisers in all areas, deep cleaning of all space during and after departure, and the reduction of seating in social areas for all refreshment and meal periods.
We are supporting our hotel team, and their own health, safety and knowledge, as these are essential to an effective cleaning program. Here are some ways in which we are supporting them:
- EU Digital COVID Certificate: Following updated Government Guidelines, our front office team will ask you on check-in to show your EU Digital COVID Certificate. All our guests need to show proof of immunity to use all our facilities such as Gym, Leisure Centre, Spirit One Spa, Bar & Restaurant.
- Face masks: We ask that all of our guests wear a face covering when entering and moving around the hotel.
- Hand hygiene: Proper and frequent handwashing is vital to help combat the spread of viruses. In our daily hotel and departmental meetings, our teams are reminded that cleanliness starts with this simple act. It’s important for their health and that of our guests.
- Ongoing training: In addition to training on housekeeping and hygiene protocols, hotel associates have also completed enhanced COVID-19 awareness training.
- Real time information: The Hotel’s corporate and regional teams are on standby 24/7 to support the Hotel and coordinate with local and regional authorities.
- Cleaning products and protocols: Our hotel uses cleaning products and protocols which are effective against viruses.
- Guestrooms: The Hotel uses cleaning and disinfecting protocols to clean rooms after guests depart and before the next guest arrives, with particular attention paid to high touch items. The rooms are cleaned using colour coded microfibre cloths, five different cloths per room for each area, these will be changed between each room, the sanitiser chemical is “Suma Bac D10” manufactured and supplied by Johnson Diversey and is certified to kill Corona Virus. The accommodation assistants will be wearing facemasks and gloves. Once the guestroom is cleaned, the high touch areas will be sanitised again with D10.
- Public spaces: The hotel has increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in public spaces, with a focus on the counter at the front desk, elevators and elevator buttons, door handles, public restrooms and even room keys.
- Reception: Social distance markers have been put in place in our Reception and Lobby areas, to control check-in queues and general crowding. Screens have been put in place at the Reception Desks. All credit card machines are sanitised after use.
- Restaurant and Bar: Tables are sanitised after each guest visit. All seating arrangements have taken into consideration the recommended social distancing. We have introduced single use menus. All credit card machines are sanitised after use. All dining times must be booked in advance of your stay, including breakfast. We wish to advise that in line with Government Covid-19 guidelines & restrictions we cannot serve any drinks past 12 midnight.
- Energize Fitness & Leisure: Our team will ask you to show your EU Digital COVID Certificate as you need to have proof of immunity to go to a gym. Customer Sanitisation Stations are located inside the entrance of Energize Fitness & Leisure, entrances to changing rooms and throughout the gym, enabling members and guests to regularly sanitise their hands. Anti-bacterial sprays are located around the gym for guests and members to sanitise equipment before and after use. The gym, gym equipment and changing rooms are sanitised using a electrostatic misting sprayer. This dispenses a food grade sanitiser provided by Johnson Diversey called Suma Bac D10.
- Spirit One Spa: Treatments are limited and must be booked in advance.
- Carpark: Our onsite carpark allows convenient parking with direct access to the hotel lobby.
We will continue to keep you up to date and we look forward to welcoming you to The Galmont Hotel soon.
The Galmont Hotel & Spa Team